I really like the program so far, and all my courses. There are abour 34 of us in the program, and most of us are in all the same classes atleast for this first semester. So it makes it easier to get to know the people we are studying with.
We have 6 courses this semester, and a seminar series. So that keeps us busy! But the idea is to train us and give us practical tools before we head off for our practicums in the Spring/Summer. So all the courses are quite practically oriented. While it's a lot of work, I'm really enjoying it. Definitely feels like a privilege to be learning material that is engaging and gets me excited!
I also really like all my professors. They are all very interactive in their approach, and make a significant effort to get to know us by name and personalities (SUCH a difference from undergrad) so that's really rewarding to experience. It just feels like they have a vested interest in seeing us grow professionally and as students, and really care to do so. So that's been a huge blessing.
Boston University has two campuses - one is the Charles River Campus (where I live) and the other is the Medical Campus (where my classes are). The medical campus is much smaller and not the nicest looking in my opinion. I'll post some pictures of the Charles River Campus later. While it's the med campus, we have medical students and a bunch of different graduate medical sciences programs (of which my program is a part) at this campus.
Here are a few pictures of the buildings where I have my classes.
Franklin Square - a park very close to the med campus
Below are some pictures of the Boston Medical Centre - it is a teaching hospital at the med campus that is affiliated with BU. We have the option of doing our practicum and/or internship there if we choose.
So that is a little glimpse of where I study. Pictures of where I'm staying to come soon... :)
So exciting for me to follow along - like going to grad school without the work! hee hee
ReplyDeleteVery glad to hear that Lianne!
ReplyDeletehahaa.. not having to do all the readings would help :P
You got a real nice shot of the BU facade ... all we could grab from the car (stalled in traffic) was a slanted picture of the building. The med campus seems a lot contemporary compared to St.Mary's street.
ReplyDelete